Here are 10 things from NFL Week 11 that intrigue me:
1. Jared Goff making his first NFL start against the Miami Dolphins : It took the Los Angeles Rams way too long to make Goff, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the starter, but it will be interesting to see how he responds against an improving Miami defense. I don’t expect him to light it up, but neither did Case Keenum .
2. The Dallas Cowboys offensive line against the Baltimore Ravens run defense: The Cowboys are the No. 1-ranked run offense, while the Ravens have the top-ranked run defense. The Dallas offensive line is the best in the NFL, while the Ravens down players, especially nose Brandon Williams , are really good against the run. Can the Ravens slow down Ezekiel Elliott ?
3. Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald against the Dolphins offensive line: Donald is having a dominant season, but the Miami line has made big strides during the Dolphins’ four-game winning streak. They will be without left tackle Brandon Albert, which means Laremy Tunsil moves to left tackle from left guard and Kraig Urbik will go in at guard. That means Urbik, center Mike Pouncey and right guard Jermon Bushrod have to play big to slow Donald.
4. Can the Green Bay Packers break out of their funk? They’ve lost three straight, losing at Atlanta, at home to the Indianapolis Colts two weeks ago and then they got blown out at Tennessee last week. They just don’t look like a playoff team. But that can all change with an impressive performance against a solid Washington Redskins team Sunday night. If not, Mike McCarthy’s seat will be an inferno.
5. Tom Brady playing against the 49ers for the first time in the Bay Area: It’s hard to believe this is Brady’s first game against the 49ers — the team he grew up rooting for — in his hometown area. He grew up a big Joe Montana fan, and he’s surpassed Super Joe on a lot of levels. Brady and the Pats are coming off a loss, and that’s never a good thing for the opposition.
6. The Seattle offensive line against the Philadelphia Eagles front: The Seattle Seahawks line was a little better last week against the New England Patriots , but the Eagles are much more talented up front. The Eagles will attack Russell Wilson , and Fletcher Cox and gang can rush the passer.
7. Can Russell Wilson stay hot to get into the MVP debate? He had an impressive game last week against the Patriots, and some think he’s already in the MVP talk. Not yet, but another big game against the Eagles and he might be.
8. Can the Colts slow down the Tennessee Titans running game? All joking aside, the Exotic Smashmouth style is working for Mike Mularkey and the Titans. They get a Colts team coming off a bye in an important divisional game. They will try and pound it at a soft Colts defense.
9. Will the Minnesota Vikings end their free-fall against the Arizona Cardinals ? They’ve lost four straight games after opening 5-0, and the offensive line is the big reason why. The Vikings face a tough Cardinals front this week with Calais Campball and Chandler Jones . It won’t be easy to stop the losing.
10. Oakland Raiders and Houston Texans playing in Mexico City: The NFL is all about global branding, and this is a chance to bring the NFL game again to Mexico. The stadium is sold out and the place will be rocking. It’s a Raiders home game, but is it really?